MoVIN offers a wide choice of great wine tours in Hungary!
On our tours, from the Budapest wine walks to the superb 3-day exclusive Tokaj tour , you’ll have indepth visits with tastings that may be of different vintages, vineyards, grapes and soils, and there may be ‘en primeur’ samples or bottles from the proprietor’s reserve. The wine makers, managers and owners will take the time to host tastings on the escorted tours and to meet you.
We have long standing relationships with wine producers around Hungary and our wine guides are often personal friends of the owners. You will enjoy lunches and formal dinners as private guests of the estates, which is something very special.
Scroll to see more....
Fill our request sheet to get a tour made for You!
Budapest Wine Walk
With our professional guide explore Budapest from a wine-point-of view!
If you are tired of the one-size-fits all boring sightseeing tours, this tour is for you! It offers a unique alternative and tailor -made trip of Budapest.
- Start to look at the city from the top with a leisure wine tasting
- A ride with an old timer or carriage – upon request
- See the Parliament through a wine-glass
- Have a lunch in a Michelin star or a boutique restaurant
- Wine – walk in the Buda Castle
- Rest your weary bones at a wine bar in the evening
Optional program- also contact us if you are:
- an opera lover
- a contemporary fashion lover
- a sport lover
- an art gallery fan
- interested in the famous thermal baths of Budapest
- have a sweet tooth.
e-mail us to tailormade your Budapest Wine Walk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Etyek Wine Tour
Due to its proximity to Budapest the Etyek-Buda Wine Region makes an ideal day trip.
Enjoy exploring a wine region just 20 minutes away from the busy city. “Etyek is the vineyards of Budapest”. Since the Roman Empire grapes have been grown in this region. Records from the 13th century certify that wine was being produced here in the Buda mountains. The vineyards flourished and grape growing became a main source of livelihood for the people living here. Today, the wine growing region stretches south of Buda, with the small village of Etyek being one of the main wine producing areas. The climate is a little cooler here, which favors the production of white wines. Etyek is famous for making sparkling wines. Fresh, fragrant and elegant white wines are also produced here with increasing success.
Etyek-Buda, just west of Budapest, is a flourishing source of largely internationally styled whites, including sparkling wine. Our private wine tours are full-day experiences which include tour in the vineyard, visits and tastings at three carefully- chosen wineries, a mix of the traditional, experimental and the modern to give you a complete picture of the region. At the wineries you have the chance to meet the winemaker, and enjoy a generous regional lunch.
• Private tour with professional wine guide
• Tours and tastings at three different wineries
• Excellent food, including a generous lunch of regional ingredients
• Walks in the scenic vineyards
e-mail us to tailor-made your Etyek Wine Tour: email@example.com
Balaton Panorama Wine Tour
Discover the incredible landscape, heritage and wineculture of the North-Balaton Region!
Where the ancient volcanos rule the landscape complex and concentrated white wines presenting the indigenous Hungarian varieties and styles, with refreshing acidity and unique vibrating aromas. The Balaton and the villages offers many program and possibility during summer time from Monday to Sunday. On the Northern part of the Lake a panoramic route offers a stunning trip with wine, art, culture and little countryside gem.
- One day excursion from Budapest to the greatest lake of Europe.
- Lunch on a hill top while enjoying the Opal blue spectacular panorama of the Lake
- Private guided tour in the world famous porcelain manufactury in Herend
- Panorama drive through the Hungarian Tuscany the Káli-basin
- Presenting the unique terroir of Somló. At the foothill of the volcanic hill premium white wine tasting with perfectly matched fingerfood before heading back to Budapest
- Alternative programs or two day trip upon request with amazing local adventures
e-mail us to tailor-made your Balaton Panorama Wine Tour: firstname.lastname@example.org
'Puszta' and Villány Tour
If you have ever fancied about what it could be like to live in a luxury yurt in the middle of the prairie - the so called ‘puszta’ - , we can show you in Hungary.
It’s a unique experience for those who are wish to be in a secluded and peaceful place in the nature, while tasting the traditional Hungarian cuisine in modern serving. The best wine and pálinka (the famous local spirit) selection will not be missed either. Horse riding and jeep safari are one of the several optional programs. Don’t miss out the excitement that the countryside can offer!
- Helicopter/private jet transfer on request
- Luxury Glamping
- Fine Dining experience in nomad atmosphere
- Wine selection based on your preferences
- Hihgwayman Ride & Buffalo Ride & Puszta Safari as optional programs
- Body Retreat for both women and men
e-mail us to tailor-made your 'Puszta' and Villány Tour: email@example.com
Historical Wine Tour in Eger
Eger is a beautiful historical town located in Northern Hungary. With our tour you can discover the great historical and wineculture heritage of this region.
It's most famous for its castle, cathedral, red wine - the so called 'Egri Bikavér' -, Baroque palaces and Turkish remains, including the northernmost minaret in Europe.
When the Ottoman forces reached the town of Eger in 1552, they met with such fierce resistance that they thought that the soldiers of Captain István Dobó must have been strengthened with the ‘blood of bulls’ (Bikavér). Supposedly, it ran down their beards, creating such a fierce, blood-drinking impression that the Turks fled. And so a wine legend came into being in the Castle of Eger.
The Grand Cru vineyards are located on the Nagy-Eged Hill and we will definitely take you up there to see the city with the best view while sipping Egri Bikavér or its white counterpart the Egri Csillag.
- 3 course bistro style lunch in the Castle area
- Enjoying the view of the stunning Eszterhazy Palace
- Secret Wine Tasting on the Nagy-Eged Hill
- Carefully selected winery visits with the best winemakers
- Visiting the second biggest Bazilika in Hungary upon request
- Turkish bath Experience can be inserted in the program upon request
e-mail us to tailor-made your Historical Wine Tour in Eger: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come and get a fresh eye on Etyek wine region by discovering its extraordinary sparkling talents.
- Skip the dessert at lunch and come with us for a real elegant and cool gastronomy experience by pairing the bubbles with some sweets
- Sightseeing drive to Etyek
- Visiting a spectacular brand new Sparkling Wine House
- Bubbles by the pool
- Sunset dinner with wine tasting
- Drive back to Budapest
e-mail us to tailor-made your Extraordinary Bubbles Tour: email@example.com
Tokaj Spectaculars Tour
Come with us for a real insider experience to the world famous vineland of Tokaj!
“Tokaji, the wine of kings, the king of wines!”
This is how Louis XIV, the Sun King, is said to have exclaimed in admiration of Tokaji wine sometime in the late 17th century. Sweet Tokaji Aszú was the noble wine he enjoyed, a result of centuries of tradition and expert winemaking craft. These days, Tokaji Aszú remains well-positioned for ongoing success as one of Hungary’s hallmark luxury products.
Today Tokaj offers much more than its sweet wines. The rejuvenation of the region has begun in the late '90s and the new star the dry Furmint raises as a comet in the last years not just in Europe but Overseas also. Tokajs as a solely white wine region shepherds the taster through the secret treasures of ancient volcanos. The extraordinary minerality and diversity of Tokaj wines is rooted in the region’s soil. The earth here is rich in various minerals, which, in turn, imparts Tokaj wines with their particular aromas.
We offer you a tour to the heart of Tokaj, the greatest grand cru vineyards of MÁD. Let's come with us to taste and feel this unique region, the perigee pulsation of the gibbous landscape, the wines and gastronomy.
- one or two day tour completely personalized for You
- visiting the most prestigious wineries of Mád
- vineyard picnic
- Jewish heritage
- high-end wine experience and fine dining dinner
- transport to Tokaj and back to Budapest
e-mail us to tailor-made your Tokaj Spectacular Tour: firstname.lastname@example.org